Monday, February 18, 2013

Run it Baby!


First time for everything right? Well, I have always been dreaming of running, running oh so very far like my dad’s job. That 10 mile stretch doesn't seem too far, but when you consider that it is a 20 mile round trip, I bet you will be thinking otherwise. Well, today I did that 20 mile trip, plus some. I had to make a few detours due to construction so I ended up running 22.71 miles in about three hours and 38 min. I feel good. It was a huge accomplishment for me. At first, it didn't seem so bad. When I got to my dad’s work (giving him a hug and then leaving), I thought it was a piece of cake. However, a bit longer and I got thirsty so I had to buy water (I had no pockets so put a 5 dollar bill in my bra pocket) and my money was kind of soaked. I ran about two miles fanning my money so it could get dry so I wouldn't have to hand over a sweaty bill. That would have been embarrassing. However, I got my water (something so tasteless has never been sooo good before) and tried to ration it so I wouldn't get a stomachache as I still had about 8 miles to run.

My legs started to feel heavy and I thought that I wouldn't make it. I was no longer enjoying the scenery as much, I just wondered if I would make it home. The airplanes, my old neighborhood, my old home were no longer appealing as the wish to see my new home, my new neighborhood and not see planes (my dad works near our old home which is located near the airport). But I soon saw the bridge that I longed to see, miraculously my feet took off. That three mile stretch was no longer a challenged I ran my heart out until I saw the beautiful fence that surrounded my home.

Surprisingly, I wasn't as starved as I thought I would be. I did eat throughout the day but my hunger hit at night time. I was famished for dinner and ate about 10 tacos. Then two hours later I was still starving so I hit the grape container pretty hard. But I feel satisfied now, not stuffed.  Have you guys accomplished any goals lately? Today’s run was a major accomplishment, I now feel ready for the LA Marathon.

Today’s food:
BF: Medium size bowl of grapes (like 4-5 cups without the stems)
      Two nectarines
Lunch: 2.5 apples
            6 cuties
Diner: raw tacos: "salsa" pineapple, papaya, tomato, cucumbers, celery, scallions, cilantro, bell pepper
                    "guacamole"tomato, avocado, onion, cilantro and lime
                     "sauce" (same for noodles) papaya and pineapple
            Raw fiesta noodles: Cucumber and carrot noodles with sauce 



Dessert: nectarine
            Bowl of grapes (like three cups-without steams)


Exercise of the day:
Run: 22.71 miles
            Short 20 min walk with the family 

No comments:

Post a Comment