Thursday, March 7, 2013

Larabar day


Today I officially started tapering for the LA Marathon. I broke out my new Green Silence shoes (they are fantastic). 


I also did a little cleaning and some research for my project. It wasn't such an exciting day. I’m pretty sure you guys don’t want to read about how much fun I had at Target, The Dollar Tree, and the supermarket. Lol

Since today is my official “day off” I got to spend it at home. I made some fresh carrot juice for my mom and used the pulp to make pumpkin-carrot cookies for my sisters. I hate wasting food (even if I don’t eat it). I also made a really good salad, I kind of wish I would have made more. Then my sisters and I played a board game. After the game we just watched a Tinkerbelle movie until my parents returned from doing their taxes. 

It was a pretty relaxing day, so relaxing I haven’t even changed yet. Yes, I know its so disgusting.
It was more about housekeeping; I froze my bananas, made some “Lara bars”, and ate some very yummy food.

Food:
Breakfast: Before run, slices of jicama and cucumber while making my sister’s lunch
                 FIRST MONO MEAL 8 oranges, 4 cuties 
 Snack: handful of raisins while making Larabars

Lunch: 2-3 cups of grapes, 2 cuties
Dinner: Noodle salad: spiralized cucumber, 2 tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lettuce, avocado, 2 small mangoes, dehydrated onions and mushrooms 



Snack: 2 apples, 1 small orange, 4 cuties while watching a movie 
Exercise: 6.40 miles, slow pace
Carrying my 45lbs sister for half a mile lol


I also made "Larabars"
Its actually a simple procedure, and instead of wrapping each ball individually like I normally do, I reused some of my date containers. It was actually a nice way to reuse the containers and I don't have to feel bad about throwing them away. 

Step 1. Blend up your chosen nuts (here I have: cashews, peanuts, sunflower seeds and flax seeds)

Step 2. Blend up your "goo" (here I have dates, prunes, raisins, pineapple, apricots and apple rings)

Step 3: form little balls and stuff them in a used date box or wrap them individually 

I made two flavors, the tropical nut ones (as for the moment I can't eat seeds or nuts except for coconut) so I also made "chocolate ones" which are carob powder, coconut flakes, dates, prunes, raisins.  

 I love licking my hands when I finish making these babies!

 Reuse, reuse, reuse!!!


 My banana stash!
......Yes, I was a monkey in my past life.


 These are perfect for smoothies, ice cream, or plain. I peel them then put them in Ziploc bags and freeze them. I love stocking up on them when they are on sale then just buying a few to eat fresh. (Think wisely people)



No comments:

Post a Comment