Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Beans!

Chili Beans

Lately, I have been eating a lot of beans. My first experience with beans was with chili beans. I quite enjoyed it a lot. I watch a show that comes from Great Britain called Supersize vs. Superskinny and every time they would show the food that people ate were “jacket potatoes with beans” which is essentially beans on a baked potato.

So to my introduction to a jacket potato was homemade chili beans without all the nasty animal products such as cheese or sour cream. I rather enjoyed it a lot. I served it alongside with roasted mushrooms and squash. I also ate a salad and roasted cauliflower. It has been one of my favorite meals ever since.

The thing I love most about this meal is the fact that it is super simple. I just load everything in the crock-pot and come home to a nice dinner in the evening.

Ingredients:
1.5 cups of mixed beans
1-2 boxes of tomato sauce
3 tomatoes
6 mushrooms
.5 cup of onion
Handful of cilantro
1 can of corn
1 bell pepper
Cook and then enjoy





Its actually kinda funny that I even write this since I didn't eat chili beans today. LOL
 Breakfast: 2 large oranges and 2-3 cups of grapes
+some jicama when making my sis' lunch

lunch: "Chinese salad" with homemade dressing
1 slice of mamey sapote
1 cup of rice milk mixed with wheat bran and wheat germ, 5 dates and cocoa powder

dinner: 1.5 c of beans, 1 bowl of mixed veggies (tomato, mushrooms, squash, onion, bell pepper)
1 slice of mamey

dessert: 1 apple, less than 1/2 c of pistachios, less than (1/2) cup of trail mix, 2 clementines

(like 5 pistachios and a few raisins and 3 "seaweed" snack sheets throughout the day)  


No comments:

Post a Comment