Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Hang out


As relatively young members of society, it is expected that we "chill" or "hang-out". I do pick to go and relax in a quiet atmosphere and I don't pick the typical spots as my fellow twenty to twenty-five year olds do. I hate clubs (well, truthfully I have never been to one), I know I won't like bars, and I don't go to your typical restaurants such as the Cheesecake Factory or BJ's.

When I go out to eat, I tend to go to a vegetarian friendly restaurant. I customize my orders to make them vegan. I tend to like cafe's and family-based establishments. I feel that it’s better to support local owners and friendly chain restaurants than to go to huge corporations that only care about their hungry investors than the people they serve. I also like the feel of these small places. They are not impacted with so many people that you can't even have a conversation for fear of misinterpreting what the other person is saying due to the loud distracting music. I also feel that the service and the people tend to be more friendly and authentic. They actually try to make small talk and ask you about your day. They don't try to rush you or fake their attitudes to try to get a bigger/better tip.

I also tend to go to the movies about once a week. When it’s cold out, this is my typical weekend spot because there is not much to do when it is raining. Movies do tend to provide a chance to escape reality and distract yourselves with a funny movie. I tend to pick comedies or drama movies. I don’t tend to pick horror; I don't do well with scary movies. I also don't really pick "stupid comedy" such as Friday, Scary movie, Bridget Jones, etc. Those movies tend to bore me since I don't assimilate myself with the typical audience.

Hiking is something that I enjoy yet don't get to do often. I have only gone a few times in my life, however, I have absolutely loved eat time I went. The scene and the experiences have been amazing, the scenery is breath taking and the air feels clean. Each time I went hiking I felt like I was one with nature, like I was actually a part of this wonderful environment around me. The only negative aspects that I got from hiking are that I got super tan. When I went back to school, I hardly recognized myself.

The beach is a wonderful and peaceful place to visit if it is not overcome by beer guzzling sociopaths known as jocks and sorority girls. While I am not a fan of cold water, I love the beach. I am seriously going to try to go as much as possible this year. I love when the sand is soft and clean (tar free please). The water from the beach has a type of rejuvenating power that leaves you feeling younger, happier, and cleaner (except for the sand that is now in your hair, shorts, and underwear).

Bowling/mini golf/batting cages: these are places that I don’t frequent to often but enjoy the as a special treat every now and then. I love having a blast doing random activities such as these. However, I don't like how crowded places like this tend to get.

My absolute favorite place to hang out is my "playroom". I love coming home on a Friday night to a bowl of popcorn or homemade banana ice cream and flipping on the teli to watch a movie with my family. It is one of the few times we are all together with ought fighting (mostly). I try my hardest to get my homework or other activities done and out of the way so I can enjoy the moment.
Very few people realize the importance of family these days. They don't value them as much as they should and it’s a problem. I still try to show my sisters that we are a family and that we should promote family unity. My mom always reminds us that we should protect and love eats other. We are, after all the most important things we have in each other's lives. I tend to take advantage of moments thief this because I never know when I will get them again.


What are your favorite activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment