Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Break


This is the first week after spring break. I never told you guys how my spring break went, so I guess right now is the perfect time. Well, the first Saturday I had off, me and my best friend went to go watch Oz the Great and the powerful. It was an awesome movie; however, I didn't get to watch the whole thing because I had to go home.
Sunday was Easter; we had our family come over. It was really nice. The day was cold and gloomy, however it was quite fun. The plan had originally been to just have our immediate family there and enjoy each other's company. However, one of my mom's friend somewhat invited herself over. Then a chain reaction started and the neighbor also invited herself over and my cousin did as well. My mom then invited my aunt over and I invited my best friend. My best friend and I had to work; luckily we got out at 4pm. I left everything ready so I wouldn't have to worry about food. I woke up at like 5am to prepare everything to make chilI beans (you guys recently heard that I was obsessed with them). My sisters also wanted to make a pumpkin pie; therefore we made a huge homemade pumpkin pie. Of course, it being Easter Sunday and all, we were not going to skip church; we were there bright and early to find a spot to sit down. It seems like it’s one of the few days that people remember t their religious obligations.
Work was such a drag; I drank my smoothie breakfast and fasted for the rest of the day. I wanted to enjoy my meal with my family. I was awesome. We hid Easter eggs ate pie and enjoyed each other’s company. After everyone left, my best friend stayed to give my sisters an Easter Basket, it was nice (we also gave him a crock pot). Then it was off to bed, I was extremely excited because the next day I was going to get to start running again. I have missed it very much.
The next day (Monday) was exciting, I naturally woke up super early and then I went for a short 3.3 mile jog. It was still somewhat painful but nothing that I couldn’t handle. After, I got home I quickly started cleaning. The day before left plenty of dishes to clean up, which is the negative aspect of having people come to your house. This is why I somewhat get annoyed when everyone invites themselves over or stay late because I hate having a mess in the kitchen and playroom. After the house was decent, we went to downtown LA to buy my sister’s their first communion dresses. It was fun, I thought I was going to end up buying a bunch of things for myself; however I took $300 and came back with a pair of $20 shoes. My sisters and mother tend to ask for a lot of items. I did enjoy the day, after we got home we went for a walk and hung out in the garage eating leftovers and having fun.
Tuesday I went to the souplantation with my family and my best friend. It was nice and fun. When we got home, too stuffed to do anything, we played the harry potter game my sister got as a present.
Wednesday we a chill day and I didn't do anything besides clean and work on homework.
THursday I went to my aunt's house. We made a salad and cookies for my uncle and my mom made a lasagna for my aunt. My aunt cut my hair and I feel completely different. I feel like I look younger and it is a whole lot easier to fix in the morning. I actually feel like it matches my personality more than my dead blonde tips I had before. I spend the entire day at my aunt's home. It felt good because I am always working on the weekend and never get to visit or see her. Now that I had the opportunity, I enjoyed every bit of it.
Friday, it was back to work which is a drag but I invited my mom, sisters, and best friend to the movies and we watched The Croons which was such an adorable movie filled with adventure. I loved it absolutely. I think I would go watch it again if I had the opportunity. It was such a nice thing to do with the family.
Saturday as my typical saturday. This time, instead of going out to the movies, we went to Long Beach. It was really nice and the sand was soft and clean. I rather enjoyed it alot. After we went to the California Pizza Kitchen. I ordered a salad, but I honestly didn't enjoy it. I think my salads are better and more appetizing. Afterwards, we went to the $1 bookstore. They sell used books for a buck. I found some pretty good books including Stephen KIng, Dracula, and Eat, Pray, Love. I am so excited to start reading them all.
This spring break I didn't do anything fancy (I never do). However, I rather enjoyed it and was pleased to spend time with my family no matter how much they drove me insane the entire time.
Hope everyone else had a pleasant time welcoming this new season.  

No comments:

Post a Comment